We have developed a series of resource books and linked CDs suitable for
teachers and home educators.
Themes available include:
- At Home with the Victorians - A look at the world of the
- Changing Town - Examining the changing face of a small market
- The 1930s, 40s and 50s.
- Catching the Train - A look at the troubled history of
the Bishop's Castle Railway in addition to general activities
relating to railway transportation. Produced in collaboration
with Bishop's Castle Railway Society.
- Smile Please - Developments in photography from 1860 to
- All Dressed up and Nowhere to go! - An examination of clothing
- Bishop's Castle Heritage Resource Centre - A Case
Study - A look at how a unique volunteer-run organisation operates.
- Archaeology and a Look at Celtic Bury Ditches - A look
at the work of the archaeologist with particular focus on the
as yet un-excavated Iron Age site of Bury Ditches, Shropshire.
Produced in collaboration with Neil
Hurd and Catuvellauni - a British Iron Age living history
- Our Farming Roots - A series of images and text covering
many aspects of farming from the late 19th century to the 20th century.
- The Changing Landscape - currently in production in 2010,
images of maps, documents and photographs reflecting changes
in land use over the last 150 years in Bishop’s Castle and
its surrounding parishes.
2011/2012 we are planning to develop Chronicles of the Shropshire
Hills in collaboration with local schools.
All of these books and CDs are available to hire or buy. Please
contact us for further details.